FASS works in partnership with Geeza Break delivering the 2nd Generation Care service for Kinship families Glasgow Citywide.
Kinship Carers are defined as:
Family members or close friends who take on the care of a child / children because the birth parents are unable to do so.
2nd Generation Care Service Criteria:
Where a Carer has the sole care of a child / children due to parental addiction and lives within Glasgow Local Authority Area.
There is no need to have active Social Work involvement to access the service. Agency or self-referrals are accepted.
Our Link Worker offers one-to-one personal, professional & confidential support, advice & information to Kinship Carers by:
- Offering a one to one meetin to carry out an assessment.
- Sign-posting Carer's to identified services based on their needs.
- Producing information on specific Kinship support services for Carer's to access.
- Providing opportunities for Carers to access Geeza Break respite services & local Kinship groups which offer peer support.
- Advising & supporting Carer's with referrals to other agencies.
- Facilitating group work programmes to develop and enhance Carer's parenting skills.
- Offer introductions to other FASS services such as the Counselling & Hypnotherapy.
Please Contact: FASS Confidentially on
0141 420 2050 or firstname.lastname@example.org